I covered a song during my performance, how do I pay the associated fees?

Just like selling a CD, it's up to you as an artist to ensure that all of the songs on your recording are properly licensed. You'll need to secure a mechanical license from the appropriate music publisher.

We love Limelight and Harry Fox's services. Both make it very easy to license any cover songs that you might perform:

Samples on the other hand are a bit trickier. We recommend contacting the artist or label who owns the "Master" recording that you are attempting to sample.

Feedback and Knowledge Base